Sunday, January 17, 2010

Manipulation Mutilation

I know that I have been obsessing lately about the United States Senate race.   But this thing has really hit my hot button... you know... the button that gets pushed when people try to manipulate others by lies and deceit.
~
I'll admit that I'm really in an uncomfortable state of agitation.
~
Some of the attack ads are sent in by national interests who have keyed in on this race, and those ads can't be blamed on the candidates.... except for the one that starts with "I'm Martha Coakley, and I approve this message."   Then the ad goes on to depict a women who ostensibly has just been raped.
~
As my friend, Harvey, has said, "You can't make this stuff up."  But it looks like Martha is trying to.  But ultimately the manipulation will turn to self mutilation.

No comments: