Friday, January 01, 2010

Big Guy

I hate it when somebody calls me “Big Guy”.    And everybody thinks that it is cool to do so.   Waiters in restaurants, friends, family…. It doesn’t matter.
~
But when they call me “Big Guy”,   there is no way that they are referring to my just barely six foot  height.  They were referring to my 257 lbs. of body mass.   Some muscle and bone, but a significant part of it is flabby fat that has no place on the body of a Mountain of a Man like myself.
~
I’ve always had this internal picture of myself as “Rough, Touch, Hard to Bluff and Damn Good Looking”.  In reality though, I was a “Big Guy” aka “Fat Shit”.
~
So every time someone says “Thanks, Big Guy” or “See you later, Big Guy”, I know that they are really saying  “Thanks, Fat Shit”.
~
In High School and College, I was on the Cross Country and Track teams running long distance, and I ran the Boston Marathon when I was 18 years old.  I weighed in the 150 lb. range, depending upon the level of training at the time.   Granted, I didn’t feel comfortable at that weight.   The bones in my buttocks actually bothered me when I sat on a wooden stool.
~
Over 100lbs and 30 odd years later, I don’t have that problem on a bar stool.
~
But I hate it when the bartender says, “What can I get you, Big Guy?”.
~
This year, I'm going to lose 60 lbs and get below 200 lbs again.   And I'm going to write a book entitled  "Don't Call Me Fat Shit." or something like that.

~

That is my New Year's Resolution.



Harvey Rowe said...

Good luck Big Guy on the resolution.However remember if you keep doing the same things and they never work you are bordering on"crazy acts".....I am willing to share my "DAPPER PLAN " with you......but trust me it will not be easy.....Let me know.


Thanks Harvey.
I agree that my selves are all stocked up on "crazy", but I'll have to pass on the "DAPPER PLAN".  I'm frankly too scared to ask what that plan is.


1 comment:

Harvey Rowe said...

Dear John,
Good luck Big Guy on the resolution.However remember if you keep doing the same things and they never work you are bordering on"crazy acts".....I am willing to share my "DAPPER PLAN " with you......but trust me it will not be easy.....Let me know.

Harvey