for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Friday, January 01, 2010

Nanepashemet Peep of the Year - 2010

When you look at the history of  this pathetic yet honorable designation....

Tom McMahon 2007
Michael "Murph" Murphy 2008
Lauren Rathbone 2009

.... there really isn't a discernible pattern.    But all three have their strengths and weaknesses, and they all survived their year of glory/ridicule.

So today, the momentous decision arises again.
~
There was a huge pack of candidates to choose from this year.  You know yourself how many annoying and/or inspirational things you did this year.  So do I.
~
I let my guard down earlier this week and joked with SuperPeep Lindsey Kepnes that she was under consideration.  Sorry Lindsey.   And my sister-in-law Sue Sue Raiche made a last minute run at it this morning to no avail.  No such luck Sue Sue.  And how could Tuna Lips Antagonist Maria Rowen be ignored.... or the perennial also-ran, SuperPeep Brian Butler???    Both came up short.  There's always next year.
~
Even with all of the worthy candidates during a year that was itself, annoying and inspirational, one Peep emerged above all others.   Peep Protocol demands that there can be no explanation for the choice, and I will abide by this sacrosanct tenet, but those of you who know Jeremy and what he did this year can easily figure it out.
~
ANNOUNCING ......
Nanepashemet Peep of the Year 2010
Jeremy Johnson
~
Good luck this year Jeremy.  Shortly you will feel the almost mystical power that this honor/disgrace entails.  May you reign with all of  humility and arrogance that your title bestows upon you in the coming year.

Maria Rowen said...


Peak-Peep-Perfomance-Prevails for Jeremy! Congratulations and enjoy the honor and disgrace...364 days, 9 hours, 31 minutes and counting...

Jeremy Johnson, Reigning PEEP OF THE YEAR said....
Wow, I'm honored. The POTY powers are no joke – I woke up this morning with a Chuck Norris-style beard. And to think I had given up years ago on this lifelong dream. What’s next? I don’t know, but obviously the sky’s the limit. I’m just taking it one day at a time, looking forward with great anticipation to a year of reaping the vast bounty of goodwill, good luck, and great facial hair growth that accompanies this honorable designation. I promise all of the NPash Peeps that I'll keep it real -- my reign will be marked by benevolence, bipartisanship, and some old school trickle-down economics. 2009 was indeed a trying year but I realized how fiercely loyal, thoughtful and downright badass all of you peeps are. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no. 2010 will indeed be a better year -- 2012 will be outstanding.

2 comments:

  1. Peak-Peep-Perfomance-Prevails for Jeremy! Congratulations and enjoy the honor and disgrace...364 days, 9 hours, 31 minutes and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Wow, I'm honored. The POTY powers are no joke – I woke up this morning with a Chuck Norris-style beard. And to think I had given up years ago on this lifelong dream. What’s next? I don’t know, but obviously the sky’s the limit. I’m just taking it one day at a time, looking forward with great anticipation to a year of reaping the vast bounty of goodwill, good luck, and great facial hair growth that accompanies this honorable designation. I promise all of the NPash Peeps that I'll keep it real -- my reign will be marked by benevolence, bipartisanship, and some old school trickle-down economics. 2009 was indeed a trying year but I realized how fiercely loyal, thoughtful and downright badass all of you peeps are. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no. 2010 will indeed be a better year -- 2012 will be outstanding.

    -- JJ

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus