Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Tolerance and Running

Even though I pleaded with you Peeps to slow down on the Voice Mails... you kept them coming.
~
Keep it up, and I will never tell you how the running program is going again.   But this time, in special regard for the fact that being a Mountain of Man means that you have be especially tolerant and a genuinely nice person, which I am for all worthy instances, I decided to let you in this one last time.
~
If my knee and my back holds out, I'm confident that I'll be competitive in a 5k that is slated for the first Week in August and a 10K that will be held mid-September.
~
These are good sanctioned races, but I won't be disclosing the time and place to you for reasons of security and crowd control.
~
BTW... I'm not checking on weight loss, but meticulously measuring running pace and distance... and have been improving daily.  And I'm positive that the left knee would be a mess right now without the use of my knee brace.  At some point after the 5K, I'll check on the body weight, but this isn't about appearance... it's about performance.
~
This is the last post for awhile on this subject.  It is almost as boring as Elizabeth Warren's Native American heritage... but not quite.

No comments: