Thursday, June 07, 2012

Creole Translation

Back to New Haven this morning.
~
I'll be cutting through Hartford to pick up my favorite Radio Frequency Engineer, Frantz Pierre.
~
Frantz is a Haitian who spends a lot of the time during the commute on his cell phone speaking in Creole to his wife.  Every once in a while, he throws in a French or English phrase.
~
Basically, I speak English and can piece together French, so it's the Creole part that has me wondering what the hell he is talking about.
~
As far as I can see, he's not dissing me or my driving.... unless I consult my Creole to English Dictionary, it's impossible to verify.  But,  I try to always be on my best behavior with Frantz, because I'm not sure whether he practices Voodoo and I don't want to find out.  Although that RF stuff basically is Voodoo.
~
At any rate, we'll be surveying a couple sites and then meeting with an important Landlord, then returning to Boston just in time to sample the evening commuting traffic.
~
You never work a day if you love your work.

No comments: