Friday, July 16, 2010

Clean the Decks

Around 3:30 PM today, I racheted back Nanepashemet Telecom and resolved to get out on the WhaleEye, put some new boatrods that we bought for baitfishing in place, and maybe troll for some Blues for an hour or so.
~
But when I got onto the boat, I noticed which a disorganized trash pit it was.   I pulled trash out of compartments that was years old, and there were about three cases of empty beer cans.    Then I emptied the compartment under the center console and found all sorts of stuff that I didn't know I had.
~
The stainless steel boat grill was particularly gruesome and I brought this back ashore for some serious cleaning.
~
The basic issue here is that when you finally get some free time to go fishing on the WhaleEye, you really really don't want to spend it cleaning.    And this compounds itself over the season and even years.  But after a while, you have to bite the bullet and clean up.

No comments: