Saturday, January 12, 2008

Clubber

I was never a big "joiner".
~
Yet in the past year, I've joined the UMass Club, the Gerry 5 Volunteer Fireman's Association, and the Boston Yacht Club.
~
Clearly something is going on here, and I'm not exactly sure what it is.
~
I'm definitely not looking to make new friends, nor am I a social climber, but here I am joining these diverse groups and incurring charges for dues.
~
In the case of the Gerry, a decent monthly bar bill as well. Somebody must have really banged my number that last time I was there.
~
I did meet up with Greg at the Gerry this afternoon, and I guess it's cool to grab a beer in a place that you can claim for yourself outside of your home from time to time.
~
The BYC and the UMASS Club also have great potential for entertaining Business clients.

No comments: