for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Friday, September 28, 2012

Red Squirrels and Dead Squirrels

Got a ton of response from you Peeps about which new piece I should purchase to add to my obsolete firearms collection that my Grandfather handed down to me.
~
When I think of how my Grandfather used to sleep with a loaded pistol under his pillow, and thought nothing of leaving me as a ten year old kid out on the side porch up in his Maine cabin with a .22 calibre rifle telling me to "shoot the phucking red squirrels" that he hated so much.... it's hard to believe that I turned out as such a  well rounded, overall nice person.
~
Grampa backed me off of this squirrel duty after I put a round through his shed and splintered a rug on his wooden ladder.... plus I missed the phucking squirrel.
~
I know that this is starting to sound like a Tuna Lips vignette, but it really happened.
~
Anyway.... I had no idea there were so many Glock and Smith & Wesson afficionados out there.  I was originally set on a Glock 19 or 23.  Now I'm leaning heavily on the Smith & Wesson 38 or 380.
~
Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions, but I'm more confused than ever.
~
Maybe I'll just keep cleaning Gramps old collection.


If you're truly interested in plinking squirrels, I'd suggest the Barrett .50 caliber. It's the only thing I use AND it quite effectively gets rid of them. It also gets rid of any loose hanging branches as well.

1 comment:

  1. If you're truly interested in plinking squirrels, I'd suggest the Barrett .50 caliber. It's the only thing I use AND it quite effectively gets rid of them. It also gets rid of any loose hanging branches as well.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus