Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weighing In

Lately, Peeps, everytime I run into one of you, I get asked about the status of my weight loss program.   Which has it's own immitable message to me.   Obviously it doesn't look like I've dropped anything substantial.
~
But that's ok... I started at a pretty hefty size, and this is a marathon, not a sprint.  I've allocated a considerable block to time....  up to Katelyn's September wedding date... to acheive my weight loss goal.  
~
The first three weeks or so, I was a bit manic....watching every morsel consumed,  counting calories and weighing myself constantly.   That was good to convince myself that weight loss was attainable.  And it gave me a more indepth insight into the amount of calories that we can pack in without even knowing it.   But it also brought on an unacceptable level of self awareness and guilt.   Who wants to judge every bite that you take, then measure and fret that it might upset your daily goal?
~
The most important thing is balance.  Watch what you eat, but don't obsess.  Enjoy in moderation, and above all, exercise.   It is the exercise that is the key to easing the manic issues of counting calories.  Plus the exercise makes you feel good immediately... despite the discomfort and pain of the actual effort.
~
At this point, I don't know how much I've lost because I'm resolved not to let the scale set my state of mind.  I will weigh in when I can fit into my old jeans comfortably.  And I hope that is in a month or so of eating and drinking in moderation and daily gym sessions.

No comments: