Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tiger on Top

With his recent victory in the 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational, Tiger Woods has resumed his place as the Number 1 Ranked Professional Golfer in the world.
~
I for one, am pretty happy for him.
~
Yes, he cheated on his wife, having sex with any gorgeous white woman that came his way.
~
Yes, he isn't a "give back to the Hood" ethnic role model trying to inspire other minorities to greatness.
~
Yes, he seems a bit too self absorbed and stiff, rather than giving himself shamelessly to an adoring public.
~
Peeps, maybe  I'm flawed as I'm sure you know, but I don't give a rat's ass about any of that Tiger stuff.  All I care about is the uncanny closeness to perfection that he has attained by hitting a dimpled ball around a manicured landscape.

Truth be told, if Lindsay Vonn made a run at me, I can't guarantee how I'd score on the fidelity scale.  I'd like to say that my life bond with Joanne would remain unscathed, but Vonn would be a hell of a challenge. 

But that wouldn't effect the thousands of you hapless Peeps who read this unsavory blog daily...... would it????
~
So that's why I like Woods.   Off the course, he's just an asshole like me and you.  But on the Golf links... he's something extraordinary that we are priviledged to observe.
~
.... Just like this Blog.

No comments: