Monday, April 28, 2008

Love that Dirty Water

Mike comes back home from Washington DC on Wed. It's hard to believe that he's been gone for over a year, but he will be working in the Boston market and will be around Marblehead again.
~
My extreme bias is that Boston is the best place in the universe to live.
~
I was so fortunate during my ten years at General Dynamics to travel throughout the United States. California was great.... SF, LA and San Diego had great assets. I also loved Seattle with it's seacoast and mountains intertwined. Spent a lot of time in Dallas, Denver, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Houston, Miami, Washington, Nashville, Chicago, and New York.
~
Been to Spokane, Portland (Ore. and Maine), Montreal, Honolulu, Toronto, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Vancouver, and San Juan. New Orleans, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Memphis, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Las Vegas, and Kansas City were also stops. Roanoke, San Antonio, Ft. Lauderdale, Charlotte, Sacramento, Orlando and Boca Raton made the list.
~
I almost forgot Colorado Springs and Little Rock (where they really hate the Clinton's).
~
My least favorite place was probably Buffalo. But the customer there was one of my best and really loved the area. Can't forget Albany and Syracuse.
~
So I really feel like I've seen a lot of the United States.
~
But wherever I went, I was always glad to get back to Boston. It has my kind of trees, my kind of dirt, the Ocean, the White Mountains, the Cape, and the people talk like me. People aren't phoney or nicey-nice in Boston, but they are not rude like in New York. There is a feeling of "what you see is what you get." It has a genuineness in the change of seasons, and a sense of tradition and history in it's cities and towns. Plus, there is the Red Sox and the Patriots.
~
I'm glad that Mike is coming home to Boston.
~
And, BTW, I don't care if I ever set foot in an airplane ever again.

No comments: