for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Friday, September 14, 2012

Computer Time Warp

Yesterday, around 4:00PM, I came to the conclusion that the multitude of spread sheets that I have been using to track work for our largest customer were not going to cut it anymore.
~
Too many cells to cover, too much cutting and pasting, and overall, a chore to quickly tie into the specific information that we seem to need on a moment's notice.
~
Lucky for me that I'm a Mountain of a Man who happens to come equipped with an abundance of database programming ability dating back to the old dBase II days.
~
So I dusted off my copy of Microsoft Access 2007, cranked it into the CD drive and within an hour, I was deeply into the programming mode.  So deeply in fact, that when I came up for air and checked the clock, it was 12:05AM.
~
I am not shitting you... I had one of those time warps as I wrestled to get all of my project records organized slickly in an my Access database.  Not elegant by any means, but the time warp paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus