Sunday, April 27, 2008

Taste of Summer

It's still only April. But because we had a run of 70 degree days this week, you really want it to be summer. Today the weather is overcast, glum and in the forties.
~
Yesterday, I took advantage of the warm temps by getting into the garage and building a case to house the components of our TV downstairs. It's all done except for the back panel and the sanding, and was a good tune up for some of the techniques that I'll use on Grandson Will's Toy Chest.
~
Tommy McMahon and Reaf dropped by with a piece of pier foam that I recommended that he buy to fulfill his dream of making a floating Beirut game table. We cut it to size on the band saw and pieced together a 30" by 60" panel to serve as flotation. It should provide many hours of inebriated pleasure for Tom and his friends this summer.
~
I felt so good that I decided to get two miles in on the track before dinner. Unfortunately, there is no denying that the pain in my left knee is the real deal and can't be ignored. I'm going to try to run through it today and continue to hope for the best.
~
The evening was capped by dinner with the O'Shea's at the Peabody's where Jim grilled a turkey breast on his charcoal cooker. I think that we were pretending that it was a summer night, and we tried to hang out on his deck and watch the Sox, but it cooled down quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Rob "Bionic Knee" Jones can help you with your knee mechanics -if anyone has conquered knee problems, it's Rob. Still, I enjoy the story Todd Mack tells about him taking a header on the golf course, balky knee and all.




Pisc