Friday, July 06, 2007

Tender Adjustments

I made some adjustments to the Tender today, in order for the Piandetosi Rowing Rig to work property. I basically screwed some mahogany onto the rig, then affixed the mahogany boards to the cedar benches with aluminum bolts and wing nuts, which will allow the rig to be easily removed when I finally get around to setting the Tender up to sail.
~
I also permanently screwed the back seat to the transom to alleviate all of the movement during towing.
~
The rowing rig worked great. If I was in the right physical shape, I could easily maintain five knots or better through Marblehead Harbor. Ran into Gill, Crawford, and Kevin Rockett. They invited me to raft at the Patriot for a beer, but better judgement prevailed and I made it back to Riverhead Beach just before the Tide was leaving the ramp area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love lobster. I can not easily deal with sending the buggers to their death. A swift jab with a knife to the back of the neck, after they have been put to sleep in warm water (kitchen sink) is about as humane as I can get it.

Let them eat cake.