Sunday, July 08, 2007

July Turkey

Today turned out a little better than expected. I didn't have to go to the airport with Mike after confirming his flight on United's obnoxious system, so I used the time to construct the mast support and glue it to the Tender.
~
I left a small amount of epoxy untended while I lined the glue area with masking tape, and it set up in the cup in that short time. The cup was actually too hot to touch as the chemical reaction occurred. Epoxy is weird stuff.
~
Then Joanne and I went over to Tommy and Linda O'Shea's new pool across the street. It is really nice and Tommy has the filtering system going so that the water is crystal clear. But it turned cool and rained after an hour or so.
~
Joanne cooked a turkey for dinner. Not quite sure why, but she was bound and determined to have turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and corn on the cob, and I just wasn't in the questioning mood. Naturally, it was outstanding. The girl can cook.
~
After dinner, I took a quick doze, then rallied by 6:30 PM to get the Tender towed down to Marblehead Harbor for a row.
~
Tomorrow, it's all business.

No comments: