Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tempus Fugit

Time Flies.
~
Dimatteo has been at Darwin for two years today. They gave him an ice cream cake, and he was suitably humiliated. It was great. I have a photo of him with the cake but I lost my bluetooth USB adapter and I can't load it from my Nokia yet. I ordered a USB cable from Amazon and will post the pictures when I get it by the end of the week.
~
In the meantime, visualize Tom with a perplexed and disgusted look on his face with the cake in the background.
~
There is a theory that time passes quicker for adults than for children. I think that this is so.
~
Time is so relative. When I was a runner, the four + minutes that it took to run a competitive mile race seemed like an eternity. But now... sitting, and watching a running event on TV passes in moments.
~
A ride to New Hampshire for two hours seemed like an eternity when I was a little kid. Now, an hour drive doesn't seem like a haul at all.
~
A week's vacation from school seemed like an eternity. Now the week's flash by so quickly.
~
I'm not up to postulating a theory as to why time appears to pass quicker now.... it just does.

No comments: