Friday, February 01, 2013

Snookered

Peeps...
Went down to New Haven this week and came back will a lesser amount of milestones and paypoints than this Mountain of a Man has grown to be accustomed to.
~
WTF!!!
~
Do you think I'm losing it?
~
Could I be Slowing down??? Showing my age????
~
I guess if you're a .400 hitter, walking away  from a .250 road trip can be a real downer.
~
Last time I checked, I was still rough, tough, hard to bluff and Damn Good Looking.  
~
So maybe this was just an aberation.
~
Then the week ended with Scott Brown pulling out of the Senate race.... another downer.  When you think of it though, Brown would be in his third tough campaign, for a seat the Dems will pour money into again to manufacture a Warren like win in a highly Democratic state, so I don't blame him.  Would like to see him take a run at the Governor's seat when Deval finally moves to Washington in two years.

But I kind of like this Steve Lynch guy from Southie.   He's not willing to let the beautiful people anoint the slightly pretentious Markey for the vacated Senate seat.
~
I kind of lost it for Ed Markey when he tried to make political hay over the Gulf spill disaster.... claiming that the region would take years to recover.   Course now, the PR is that the beaches and sea life are as pristine as they were before the unfortunate  oil spill, while I distinctly remember Congressman Markey taking the low ground and saying that BP had ruined the resource forever.   Got a lot of national coverage from the liberal leaning networks for that one.   I hate it when the Dems try to scare us.... for their own political advancement.
~
Years ago, I met Markey with a bunch of telecom engineers as he toured emerging companies in his district,  and he asked each one in the technical group what they did for the company.  Got a lot of laughs when I told him I was a "Political Scientist".
~
But you kind of get the feeling that Markey thinks that he is entitled to step in behind Kerry.   And of course Kerry should be able to name his successor, shouldn't he?  Plus, it seems like a long time since Markey was a common sight in Malden.  That's why I like Lynch... a straight talking former iron worker, and no stranger to his home South Boston neighborhood,  who seems to have remembered that he represents and works for the people... and doesn't try to snooker them.
~
Maybe I'll plant a Lynch sign on the West Shore Drive front Lawn.    That will shock the liberal labelers who like to characterize me as a card carrying Republican.

No comments: