Tuesday, September 12, 2006

King of Scotch - A test of Patience and Tolerance

As you know, Lagavulin is the King of Scotch. It is not always in good supply in the US, so it is important to maintain attention to your inventory. I only have one bottle on hand at the present time.

However....

Katelyn and Jay owe me a bottle for drinking my supply in North Conway.

Tom D. owes me a bottle for losing a wager.

To date, neither bottle has appeared. This is shocking and dissapointing. Naturally, my patience is being stretched to the limit as the nights take on a tinge of fall chill - a chill that only can be comforted by the King. Regardless, it's important to take the high road.

I'm sure that my attitude toward Kate, Jay and Tom will not be altered by this gross oversight on their part. I will not think less of them, no matter how long the insidious situation persists.

LAGAVULIN™ TASTING NOTES

Food suggestion: Delightful with a fine Roquefort cheese and biscuits.

Taste style: Complex. Dry and smoky with a big body. Sweetness at first turning to darker smoke (coal) at the close. Perhaps some saltiness too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be served cold, like vengeance.

Avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And it's name it said on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Anonymous said...

Wow... Sad that a "friend" won't pay up on what he owes... Tom D should have spent more time reading your 10 Secrets to Success - paying special attention to number 10...

John Nestor said...

Carlos -
I don't want Tom to die or anything. Then how would I get my Lagavulin?
- John "Dissapointment Leading to Hurt" Nestor

Anonymous said...

#10)BE HONEST AND DEPENDABLE; TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

Tom is honest and depndable, he agrees that he lost the bet and will pay what is due. While responsible for the wager, he takes no reponsibility for the events causing the loss. That lies at the feet of a closer.

All good things come to he who waits.

Anonymous said...

There is something about the public execution of partisans that stirs deep inside me. Anonymous, your next.

"Let them play checkers, we'll play chess"

#2