Monday, May 07, 2012

The Old Bull and the Young Bull

Years ago, Ed Calnan, one of my mentors, told me the story of the Old Bull and the Young Bull.
~
The Old Bull and the Young Bull were walking in the pasture and looked up at a herd of cows at the top of a hill.
The Young Bull said, "Look at those Cows!  Let's RUN up and Fuck one of them.!"
The Old Bull paused, turned and responded... "That sounds good, but, Let's WALK up and Fuck ALL of them."
~
Over the years, I've often started out like the Young Bull, but then caught myself.
~
Calnan also was the first to admonish me with, "Don't get Mad... Get Even..." when I was a young upstart.
Now you probably think that this Old Bull is looking to Get Even, and you would be right.   Those old Lynn lessons are about to pay off.... once again.

No comments: