Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Runner's High


Ever since I mentioned that I was training for the marathon, I've been deluged by emails from Peeps worried about my well being.
~
Enough!!!
~
I know that I am a fat POS..... but I'm not stupid. I actually ran on the cross country and track team at UMass Amherst and was part of the Freshman New England Cross Country Championship team.
~
Don't you think I know what I'm doing?
~
Actually, I feel like I never ran a step in my life. My breathing is heavy and my legs feel like lead. My vertebrae are ready to slip right off of my spine.
~
You can't really say that what I'm doing is running. It is literally hauling my ass down the road. There are little gnomes with hammers beating on my thigh and calve muscles all day. I feel miserable.
~
But I'm committed... I've made a resolution.... crossed over the line..... turned over a leaf. In other words... BRING IT ON!!!
~
It's 200 days, 70 lbs, and 840 miles to the starting line of the Boston Marathon in Hopkinton, Massachusetts.
~
See you in April.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, don't burn yourself out early with these two mile runs. Be sure to take sufficient nourishment to support this deep burn you've got going. Maybe a walk to the corner store for a mountain dew and bologna on wheat sandwhich, extra mayo. And a bag of funyons.