Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween


Halloween is an interesting holiday. Of pagan origins, it has flourished without any official religious or governmental backing.
~
In Salem, MA, the town next door, it draws a lot of gothic crazies. I don't get the attraction, but it certainly appeals to some people who also like black makeup, boots, tattoos and body piercings. I don't mind boots, but can't really get geared up for the other items.
~
As a tolerant, open-minded individual, I'm cool with all of this weird behavior, although I can certainly understand the emotions the evoke persecution of these perverts. I'm just happy that none of my three kids ever embraced this gothic bullshit....to the best of my knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No blogging about the death of Robert Goulet? Come on now J.

-McMahon