for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Friday, July 20, 2007

Bluefishing

It just hit me that in my conversation with my son Mike this afternoon, he mentioned that I was a Bluefish fisherman.
~
I know that he was intimating that I never have much luck with stripped bass, but I usually catch bluefish.
~
He's right. And I have to say that it is a good observation. I think that I will concentrate on what I am good at, and leave the stripped bass to others.
~
Blues fight a lot harder anyway. Also, you have a chance to tie into a football tuna if you are bluefishing.... especially out by Halfway Rock.

Years ago, in my old Mako, Joe Collins and I were into Bluefish out there when something hit that stripped Joe's line. In hindsight, it was a tuna, although we didn't know it at the time. Tuna will take the same kind of Rebel lures that we troll for Bluefish with and actually feed on the Blues.
~
So, I'm going to key in on the Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus