Saturday, December 30, 2006

Pruning

Did I say a little pruning in the last post? After four truckloads of cutting brush and trucking it to the Marblehead Town Dump, in the snow, I was freaking exhausted. Coming out of the dump on the fourth load, I saw Greg Bruett, and asked him if he wanted to see the new school site.
~
Big mistake for progress on the Tender.
~
Greg stopped home and came by Sundance with two Coors Light Beers.
~
A classy move.
~
Beer always is the perfect refreshment following some physical work. After showing him around the place, I asked if he wanted to join me for a beer at Maddies. I had a pass since Joanne was going to Boston with her mother and sisters, so Greg called Nancy, got permission, and we were headed for Old Town.
~
We could'nt find a parking space at Maddies, so we headed for the Landing. Fine with me since I belong to the Dark and Stormy Club at the Landing and needed to add some stamps to my card. Ten stamps, and you get a free Dark and Stormy.
~
The only problem is that the Dark and Stormies at the Landing suck. They are all ginger beer, and hardly any Black Seal Rum.
~
Whatever... Three stamps later, and lot of man talk under the bridge, we were headed for home, but it was 5:30 PM and there was no boatbuilding energy in sight.
~
Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: