Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolved

The last day of the year. A day for reflection and resolution. Obviously, a central resolution is to finish the Tender and begin the work on your Peapod. But I do have some other concerns.

Next year, I resolve to open my mail, everyday, even the bills. I resolve to pay attention to the details, so that things don’t end up looming so big that is seems like a tsunami of stress engulfs me.

I resolve to pay attention to what I eat, and get an exercise burn in every day. I can’t predict weight loss here, because I’m sick of worrying about the number of lbs. that show up on the scale when I step on. I just want to feel good and move easier.

I resolve to clean up after me… everyday…everywhere. This means my truck, my bedrooms, the kitchen, the garage, my office…. everywhere. Keep the decks shipshape for action.

That’s it. Pretty simple. Build the boats, workout, eat right, check the details, and clean up afterward.

In past years for New Year’s resolution, I’ve tried to outline detailed economic and career results that I would like to attain. A lot of that stuff was out of my control… and hardly ever occurred the way I was resolving. This year, I’m going to be more of a receiver of the big stuff, and less of a controller. My resolutions are designed to deal with what life flows my way, not direct the flow.

1 comment:

davidsgoodman said...

Excellent resolutions! Mine, in the same vein, is never use up the toilet paper without putting on the new roll. If we applied the same principle to the planet, we'd make less of a mess of it. Good luck and happy new year!

David Goodman