Thursday, December 28, 2006

Legal Help

Saddam Hussein will be put to death within the next thirty days under Iraqi law. Somehow, I didn’t think justice would be this swift.


While we’re on the subject of law and death, what is it about lawyers that make even the most law abiding, peaceful, God-fearing person contemplate methods of torture and murder?

The times when you consult with an attorney usually have stressful components. Especially in business, you ask a lawyer to do something for you when you fear a certain consequence. In business, though, time is money. Do something quickly, reduce expenses, make some money, or at least, avoid losing too much.

For the lawyer, money is time. Delay, process… there is always tomorrow. Then… when they finally get around to returning your call, they usually find some reason to blame you for the reasons for delay. But you maintain your composure and play along with the ruse, because you feel like they have you by the gonads.

I know that there are exceptions, but trust me, I’m talking about the general rule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogman,
For Next weeks POTW, please add my boy Balcky Bartokamoos. I dont know about you, but this guy made my friday nights during the late eighties-early nineties. Im sure he is a qualified candidate, everything about him is absurd.

BALZAC

Here is the link that inspires me everyday....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbnLYROCj8