Monday, September 04, 2023

Starting A KETO Weight Loss Regime.

                                                               Click for Purchase Info

So the MOAM is all in on the KETO lifestyle.  And I intend to continue straight out for the next month to see how I can cope with this diet this time.

Since I started KETO a week and a half ago, I have lost 11 lbs.  Basically I have simply cut carbs and salt out of my diet.... eating meat and fish, vegetables, eggs, cheese, nuts, seltzer water, lemon juice, tuna, apple cider vinegar, and Tito's Vodka for an evening cocktail instead of beer and wine.  There are plenty of cookbooks that can give you KEO friendly recipes, and if I am unsure of anything, I simply ask Siri on my iPhone if whatever is KETO approved.  She answers immediately with a host of web sites.  

I also have a glass of this KETO+ supplement every morning which purports to keep you in "Ketosis".... a body state that I will describe in future posts.

The sacrifice has been no cookies, bread, pizza or pasta and beer.... my favorite go to foods.  I miss them but the way that I feel compensates for the loss of these delicious comfort foods.

Here  are the immediate results.

  1. My pants feel a little looser.
  2. My legs don't get jumpy at night.
  3. My ankles don't swell up at the end of the day.
  4. I see the scale showing weight loss every morning.
The drawbacks are ....
  1. Constipation.  Big disruption in my normal movements
  2. A certain pastiness in my mouth if I don't constantly hydrate.
But watching the lbs. peal off  every morning is very motivating.

Tomorrow I will Blog about Ketosis and the "Ketogenic Lifestyle that I have been researching.

Enjoy your Labor Day Holiday!!


No comments: