Friday, September 01, 2023

Drawing a Line in the Sand. Follow These Challenges!!

So I've been trying to get Google to advertise on this Blog so that I can generate some revenue from my rants and posts.  So far, not too successful.  Seems that the Nanepashemet Blog only experiences 1,800 hits per month.  Google appears to favor at least 50k/month.  

I'm off by about 48 thousand hits before Google turns on the revenue stream.

I've never cultivated followers for this Blog.  It has been a vehicle for rants, raves and documenting stuff that interests or amuses me.  But I'm at a point in my life where I would like to slow down a little, and some passive income from Blogging would really come in handy for my future life plans.  And to do that, I have to convince Google that I have enough followers to warrant payment,

Fair enough.

Starting today, September 1, 2023, I will be documenting the steps that I took to get one million followers and generate a six figure annual cash flow..... from this blog.

The lucky Peeps who are reading this today will witness this Phoenix rise from the Ashes, and hopefully you can replicate my good fortune for your own lives.

As an additional incentive, I am really sick of being called "Big Guy" by my friends and acquaintances.  For years, I have been painfully aware that they are really calling me "Fat Shit" without being confrontational.  So this "Fat Shit" is also resolved to start today in losing weight healthfully and permanently while I build the success of this Blogging Money Vehicle.  This Blog will simultaneously chronicle how I went from 261 lbs, to a svelte 210 lbs. on my six foot frame.

Last month this Blog had 1807 hits.
Current Yearly Average is 21,000 hits.
I need 83,000 hits/month to reach 1M.

Need to lose 51 lbs. in the next 12 months.
That's 4 1/4 lbs. per month.

This is a cool challenge.
 
Feel free to leave comments on this Blog as we proceed.  You can call me Big Guy, Fat Shit or whatever.  I can take it.

And if anyone wants to to mirror my challenges in your own life, I'd love to see you comments.

Tom Brady would say..... "Let's Gooooo"!!!!

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Funny idea Blogging. I don't even know the derivation of the word. It's interesting so many people do it. Must be a good thing. Good luck with it. You're a good writer. People tell me I'm a good writer. Must be something in our scholastic upbringing.

Let's talk weight loss. Do it if you wish. It's all genetics. Skinny people die just as frequently as fat people. That's the threat, right? You're going to die if you don't lose weight. The articles always say you'll lose 5-years off your life expectancy. Always remember it's the last 5-years you lose. Being thin requires the right genetics and hard labor. You need to burn more calories than you take in. It's that simple. Want to do that daily, buy and acre of land get some hand tools and cultivate it. All by hand. You'll lose weight and die 5-years early from malnutrition and constant fatigue.

What I've always admired about you is your ability to enjoy the moment. Not blowing smoke. No reason to. You're not rich and neither am I. Nothing to gain by offering false praise. No matter what you're doing from talking about white trash balls, do I have that right, to boat building, politics, your family or why covid was just and is a big fat case of the flu, you're passionate about everything you do. Don't ever lose that passion. That's what kills people.

We grew up the same. Our parents did what they could to hold things together and make sure we had what we needed to survive. They expected much from us. Work hard at school. Work hard at life. They taught us to take care of ourselves and our families because no one else would. We did just that and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. We gained the experience and moved on.

They say we learn more from failing than succeeding. If that's true, you and I must be geniuses. There's a hell of a lot of people who need what we've learned. We should write a book. Think about it...You can't take it with you. You can only share it before you leave.

Tell the people who wish to argue about pronouns to go stick it where the sun don't shine. They are a miserable lot. I'm not sure they will ever change. They depend on others for their happiness. It's not a strong foundation from which to build a life.

I was going to say, stay strong, but I don't need to because you are just that. My mother would say, "It's in your bones." She was right. I have it and so do you. They instilled it in us. They call it genetic learning. Our children have it too.

Wayne