Sunday, September 25, 2022

Back to the Roots

 The MOAM has taken a long detour from his first love... woodworking.... boatbuilding and custom furniture..... but I'm finding my way back.   Dusting off the routers, saws and sanders.  

Time to refurbish some old boats like the Herreshoff Tender, and finish the Chamberlain Marblehead Dory.   And there are a host of other nagging projects, like the Adirondack chairs for North Conway, and the walnut endtables for the Nanepashemet world headquarters.  Some buried and rusty skills have to be uncovered, but that shouldn't take long.

The impetus for this is a recent commission that I accepted to do some custom crown molding involving the best of my neglected routing tools and skills.  As I worked on this yesterday, I realized how long I had been away from doing this work that I truly love.




No comments: