Friday, August 09, 2013

Weak Week

There you have it.
~
A whole week without a post.
~
Two reasons mainly.
~
The first is that Nanepashemet Telecom is on fire... reaching critical mass to expand... picking up new 1st Tier customers and adding staff.  Our need to bust out of the starting blocks and get a lead on our competition is succeeding, but not without some side effects.... namely working to exhaustion and leaving no detail unattended.
~
The second is that when I finally get a second to unwind at night, the last thing I'm going to do is to get back on the Web after a day full of spreadsheets, email and databases.  So I've been playing my guitar and actually learning some cool SRV licks....and to be truthful, I've had a breakthrough in my understanding and ability with the guitar.

No, I won't be jamming with the dudes or sitting in on a coffeehouse session, but for personal satisfaction and letting out a little artistic expression, I'm pretty happy with the result.

So much of music is chords, scales, circle of fifths, practice for muscle memory, rhythm.  Each requires its own discipline and awkward practice.  Then when it all starts to come together and make sense from a subconscious level, it is really cool to behold.  I'm kind of getting to that point and experienced it a little this week when I shut down the Nanepashemet factory for the night.

And I can't see a break in sight on the routine.    We have a year's worth of backlog work and it's all on a tight schedule.   Next week, one of the largest 1st tier carriers wants to meet with us to discuss our construction resources, so things will get a lot more hectic than even the current situation.

But if we add that additional major customer, we will be adding substantial staff, buying trucks and equipment..... all of the overhead stuff that I swore that I would avoid when I started this company.

Peeps.... you have to go with the flow.   When the stars align, it's almost like you have no choice but to be swept along in the current.

No comments: