for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pier Fishing

It was the first beautiful warm evening of the early summer, so I rigged up my casting rod and headed for the new pier down the lane in Gerry Playground.  Ryan had said that some guy down there claimed to have landed a keeper Striped Bass, so I thought I'd give it a try.
~
The new pier was blocked by a piece of plywood, so I had to give my overweight, overage body a little challenge in scaling the fence to get out to the end.  I did it... but it wasn't pretty .... either getting on or getting off.  When they get the floats in, it will be a lot easier.
~
Two fish jumped which was a good sign, but none were enticed by my offering as the sun went down past Salem Harbor.
~
I will be trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus