for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Apprehension and Twisters

I'm patiently waiting this evening for a line of thunder storms for roll through.  Need the rain for some grass seed that I planted in the front lawn.  But the weatherman also talked about some tornado warnings and I have a strong new found respect for the fury of a tornado after witnessing the path one tore through in Western Mass last summer.  A hundred yard wide path of mangled trees and damaged buildings, cutting a long swarth through the landscape and hopping over Route 84.
~
I certainly don't expect a tornado, but I'm still shocked by the devastation that these storms can create.  Imagine the force that can snap mature tree trunks in half.... like a massive karate chop.   That's the power we are talking about.
~
Hopefully, the country will dodge  these storms a little better than last year, when tornado alley in the MidWest was hit time and time again.
~
As you know, a Mountain of a Man like me doesn't scare easily.   And I'm not exactly scared of a freaking Tornado either.... but remain mildly apprehensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus