for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, September 03, 2011

Washburn Breakdown

So I was up in North Conway yesterday and stopped into a little store on Route 16 called "Music Shop".  They had a modest selection of guitars, harmonicas, fiddles and one banjo.  Even though I had resolved to save my acoustic purchase for a $1,000 Breedlove, I wanted to see what the action looked like in this store's selections.
~
Prices ranged from $1,400 to $99 and I have found that with stringed instruments, you basically get what you pay for.   Buy a cheap guitar, and it will be hard to play plus sound awful.  And you will stop using it.  That's why I've been holding out for the Breedlove.
~
But after trying out the Washburn WD10SCE Cutaway Dreadnought Acoustic Electric selling for $249 against the $1400 Takamine, I couldn't believe how good the Washburn felt and sounded.
~
So I flashed some plastic and bought the MOFO!
~
No buyer's remorse here either.  This guitar looks, feels and sounds the Balls.   Even when I'm playing it.
~
Maybe I'll eventually buy the Breedlove... but no rush now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus