Saturday, September 03, 2011

Washburn Breakdown

So I was up in North Conway yesterday and stopped into a little store on Route 16 called "Music Shop".  They had a modest selection of guitars, harmonicas, fiddles and one banjo.  Even though I had resolved to save my acoustic purchase for a $1,000 Breedlove, I wanted to see what the action looked like in this store's selections.
~
Prices ranged from $1,400 to $99 and I have found that with stringed instruments, you basically get what you pay for.   Buy a cheap guitar, and it will be hard to play plus sound awful.  And you will stop using it.  That's why I've been holding out for the Breedlove.
~
But after trying out the Washburn WD10SCE Cutaway Dreadnought Acoustic Electric selling for $249 against the $1400 Takamine, I couldn't believe how good the Washburn felt and sounded.
~
So I flashed some plastic and bought the MOFO!
~
No buyer's remorse here either.  This guitar looks, feels and sounds the Balls.   Even when I'm playing it.
~
Maybe I'll eventually buy the Breedlove... but no rush now.


No comments: