Saturday, July 09, 2011

Request for Peep Assistance

Lots of Peeps have been asking me how the deck is coming along.  You know how irritated I get when I get annoying inquiries like this.   But.... Once Again... I have the ability to summon my Mountain of a Man capabilities and overcome the elevated levels of consternation that such moronic gestures impose.
~
Anyway... the Deck is coming along fine.
~
I finished the planking and all of the roughout of the staircase today, then headed over to Peabody Building Supply to pick up the sliding glass door.  When I got back, Jim and Kathy Peabody were over with some chicken salad and a 12 pack of Corona Extra, so the heavy lifting was done for the day.
~
Tomorrow, I'll secure the planking for the top step, then will cut through the dining room wall for the rough opening for the slider.  By 12:00 noon, I will be at the mercy of others as the slider will have to be lugged into place onto the deck.  Mike should be getting back from FreshAyer by that time, but if he is late, I'll be putting out an RFPA  (Request For Peep Assistance) to help me with that task.
~
By the end of the day, the door will be in place and we will be planning the trim and finish work.

No comments: