Thursday, March 13, 2008

Peeps of the Week -11

Everything I did today got screwed up. So why should this blog post be any different?
~
First our inventory delivery was wrong and equipment ordered was much bulkier than anticipated. Got an unexpected workout reorganizing the warehouse.
~
Then the antenna that was supposed to go to a church steeple in Sherborn was sitting in Marblehead, and I was in Burlington.
~
While I was slepping the equipment from Marblehead, a bunch of other antagonizing things happened in the meantime that I can't tell you about.
~
When I finally met the crew in Sherborn, I was really weirded out. I had been to the church before... to attend Art Hadley's funeral, my first boss at GTE. Of all the churches in all of New England to install a cell phone antenna!
~
The antennas were located stealth wise in the top of the steeple, and after taking ladders to two landings, the actual work was really cramped, but the crew had assembled the equipment and lugged it to the top installation point. It was a complicated and taxing install, but all that was required was for the site to be shut down remotely by the customer.
~
Then the customer called and told us that the site couldn't be turned off and that the job had to be done on another day. I told them that they would be charged anyway, but it was still ultra frustrating.
~
There was even more, but I just don't feel like talking about it. It was none of my fault and there is nothing I can do about it.
~
ANNOUNCING.......
Nanepashemet Peeps of the Week for the 11th week of 2008
  • Steve Lewis
  • Peter Howard
  • Magnus Oejert
  • Jill Philips
  • Joe Collins' Girlfriend, Michelle
  • Tom Kirchmeier
~
Maybe all of the screwups for the next couple of weeks have been concentrated into today. We'll see.

No comments: