Thursday, November 15, 2007

POTW Week 46

I hate to reveal my weaknesses to you Peeps.... because you are so quick to judge, and so harsh in your judgements. Yet, I am drawn to express the truth from a strange, moving, somewhat idiotic force. I wish that I could be more demure and discrete at times.... but discretion can be so boring.
~
So, given that nice little preamble, I have to admit that I am scared of heights.... really afraid.... like having a sinking fear from my stomach to my scrotum. I can be on a rooftop with a parapet, and no problem. But a flat roof that you can fall off the edges sends me to wanting to assume the fetal position in the middle, as far away from the edges as possible.
~
Notice that I said wanting. I resisted the position in actuality
~
Not only am I nervous for me, but I can't stand to see anyone else near the edge.
~
I know what you're thinking.....
~
How can a rough, tough manly man like myself be so freaking fearful???
~
It's a mystery to me too. But today, on a rooftop in Providence, RI, I was reduced to a quivering mass of nervous protoplasm. Which reminds me....

ANNOUNCING....
Nanepashemet Peeps of the Week for the 46th Week of 2007
  • Bill Shanahan
  • Jill Phillips
  • Emily Buttorf
  • Pat Piscatelli
  • Sue Roper
  • Debby Clarke

Tomorrow, I'll get on another roof.

No comments: