Saturday, April 18, 2020

Pardon the Pandemic

Although we are supposed to shelter in place during this Kung Flu outbreak, there seems to be a constant parade of people moving past my West Shore Drive home in Marblehead.   Riding bikes, strolling with the kids, jogging, walking the dog..... way more than usual.  Which is fine by me.  I enjoy a little camaraderie with total strangers.   Plus this are lots of masks and social distancing.  Doesn't seem like anyone is breaking the rules.

Since I tend to hang around outside my house a lot.... doing nothing in particular.... I usually confront anyone who passes with a friendly, meet and greet salutation.  It's better and more polite than just staring at them as they pass by.  That would be weird.   Lately though, it's been like everyday is a Nor'east Blizzard.... the way that total strangers are so talkative and friendly.  So maybe the Virus Crisis is like a big freaking snowstorm.... that makes people friendly.... even though they are wearing masks and make wide turns to get around you.

No comments: