for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, January 07, 2012

Tablesaw Panel Crosscut Sled

Since I cut my teeth in woodworking with a radial arm saw, I've never gotten into the habit of crosscutting on my table saw.
~
But with this custom cabinet job that I've taken on, we'll be cutting a lot of plywood sheet panels, so I'll be making a table saw sled capable of handling 35" crosscuts.
~
After a little web search, I've settled on the plan shown right which was published by Fine Homebuilding in 2006.
~
My version will be made with 24"x42" panels so will be a scale larger than this drawing, and I've ordered some aluminium from McMaster Carr to use for the runners rather than the plywood strips noted here.
~
If the McMaster Carr shipment arrives today, this baby will take shape tomorrow over at the Nanepashemet Telecom shop.



  • Waterfront Offerings
  • Land Offerings
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

    Disqus