for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strong Tie Excuse

It dawned on me when I was complaining about some of the cost of the deck hardware, that many of you Peeps don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
~
Building Inspectors like these contraptions on wood framing because they add stability and lessen the risk of a poorly nailed joint causing some type of structural failure.
~
They are called Simpson Stong Ties and are made of galvanized steel, coming in all sorts of wood joint configurations.
So naturally, being a compliant sort of guy who doesn't like to make waves, I bought a supply of these things for the Sundance deck framing.  The only problem is that I have all of the framing lumber, posts and decking material sitting in my yard, waiting for these suckers to arrive, since I bought them on-line from Amazon. 
~
Best case scenario is that they get here by Friday, which is probably ok in the long run, because I have to keep focused on the production at Nanepashemet Telecom for the rest of the workweek.
~
Looks like there will be no good excuses this weekend, not to get this deck off of the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus