Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strong Tie Excuse

It dawned on me when I was complaining about some of the cost of the deck hardware, that many of you Peeps don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
~
Building Inspectors like these contraptions on wood framing because they add stability and lessen the risk of a poorly nailed joint causing some type of structural failure.
~
They are called Simpson Stong Ties and are made of galvanized steel, coming in all sorts of wood joint configurations.
So naturally, being a compliant sort of guy who doesn't like to make waves, I bought a supply of these things for the Sundance deck framing.  The only problem is that I have all of the framing lumber, posts and decking material sitting in my yard, waiting for these suckers to arrive, since I bought them on-line from Amazon. 
~
Best case scenario is that they get here by Friday, which is probably ok in the long run, because I have to keep focused on the production at Nanepashemet Telecom for the rest of the workweek.
~
Looks like there will be no good excuses this weekend, not to get this deck off of the ground.

No comments: