Tuesday, April 05, 2011

On the Road Again

New Haven is a lot farther from Marblehead than it should be.... a long drive.   But the bonus for getting there and parking at the side of the ocean to get my bearings was the sight of a huge swan cruising along the shore at the Nathan Hale Park.   I've seem a few of these in the last two weeks while driving around New England.  Very Cool. 
~
Then I ended up looking at stuff in West Haven, Meriden and Cromwell as well before deadheading home.....back in Marblehead by 5:30 PM.
~
Lots of time on the road for one day. 
~
I used to deal with driving fatigue by drinking a can or so of Red Bull, but have been avoiding that recently because of the bad publicity and health concern that seems to be following these energy drinks.  Now coffee and Coca Cola with bathroom breaks at McDonald's give me the the road warrior edge. 
~
Travel is such a necessary evil.  And it doesn't matter if it is trains, planes or automobiles.    Always tiring and stressful.  I so prefer to stay home.  I've seen swans down at the Rockett Landing in Salem Harbor.  Don't necessarily need to drive to New Haven for that.
~
There was an underpinning of excitement down in Connecticut about the UCONN game for the national NCAA Basketball Championship.  I'm happy for their win.

No comments: