Saturday, April 30, 2011

Heartbeat

About a year ago, some misguided POS stole my Garmin Forerunner 305.  At the time, I had bigger fish to fry, and I wasn't exactly in an exercise mode, so I didn't move to replace it immediately and just got around to it this week.
~
I forgot what a dynamite piece of equipment that it is.  Plus I never got the original heart monitor to work, but it works perfectly with this replacement.
~
I now know that even during the stress of composing this Blog post, my Mountain of a Man heart pumps happily along at 75 to 81 beats per minute.
~
It also seems to pick up the satellite signals faster.  It will be interesting to see how it performs in the 3 mile run/jog (slog) that I'm planning on doing later on this morning.
~
Metrics and measuring for goals is an important part of my B-ALERT regime.  This baby should help me keep on track.

No comments: