for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Sunday, August 08, 2010

Fun Cycling

It would seem that threading a bike chain onto a Shimano Derailleur shouldn't be such a big deal.
~
Wrong Kemosabe.
~
If I didn't have Joanne's bike to use as a model, there would be no way that I could have figured it out.  Plus I naturally dropped a washer while doing the job on the second floor deck, so spent at least a half hour trying to find this which had lodged between the decking boards.
~
The good part is that the mechanism was very nicely engineered and I only needed metric allen wrenches to deal with any of the connections.
~
So I finally fixed the chain after about an hour, then took a 15 mile ride out towards Jackson and back.  The ride was freaking torture.  I kept thinking about the guy that I met in the parking lot who said that he was heading to Ossippi for a 60 Mile loop.   WTF!!!!!  How can I find this so challenging while every peckerhead around seems to be piling up 50 miles for fun and relaxation????
~
Plus, I am acutely saddle sore after this weekend thrust for biking fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus