Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pram Processing

After some intensive cleaning of the spray gun, I did get the first coat of polyurethane top coat on the interior of the Pram.
~
I'll give this coat a good sanding in the morning, then spray another coat.  It will probably take four coats, but I think that it is going to be worth it.  With 16 hours recommended between coats, this job won't be done until next weekend.... given that weather and Nanepashemet Telecom don't get in the way.
~
Before I put the Pram down at Village Wharf, I definitely want to fit it out with a mast and centerboard for sailing.  The rudder can be borrowed from the Tender.  Shouldn't be that big of a deal because I have a sheet of 3/8 inch okume marine plywood that I bought from Boulter Plywood in Somerville a couple of years ago that I will laminate and epoxy for the centerboard, and the 8 foot  mast will take a glue up of whatever 3/4 inch spruce that I have lying around.
~
I'll have to make a custom tiller to use the Tender rudder on the pram though.
~
By Memorial Day, we should be sailing around Salem Harbor.


No comments: