Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ivy Issue

President Obama is nominating Elena Kagan, Dean of the Harvard Law School, to be a Supreme Court justice.
~
I have no knowledge of her, but it looks as if Obama is reaching back to his experience of people when he was a student at Harvard.
~
That's his prerogative as the President... but the older I get and the more experienced in business that I become... I have grown less and less impressed with people who have emerged from this prestigious university.   I'm not saying that I am biased about all people who come from Harvard... there are always exceptions.
~
But, there is an aura of entitlement and an inability to get things done in many of the people that have come from Cambridge.  Give me a UMASS alum any day if you want someone hungry who will put the work in.
~
Yes, it's true.... I would accept the President's nomination if he was inclined to appoint me to the Supreme Court.  But,  I wouldn't have a chance in Hell of getting the Senate confirmation.

No comments: