Friday, October 03, 2008

Mundane Ambition

Once again I must raise the mundane but poignant question. What's up for the weekend?
~
No, I won't be spending any time extolling the virtues of Sarah Palin. Those of you who think I'm enamored with her solely because she is so hot are so shallow. Even if it is true, you are still shallow.
~
There will be no politics this weekend, no business either. Well, maybe a little business. It's the fourth quarter, and that is crazy time for the telecom deployment industry. Everybody is trying to meet their numbers for the entire year in the fourth quarter. That means vendor resources get stretched out to the limit, combined with anxiety, stress and a little hysteria.
~
So I might get sucked into some business calls.
~
But for the most part, I'll be focusing my efforts on finishing the corner hanging cabinet that Joanne wants for the 42" HDTV. I'm making it out of solid mahoghany and birch plywood and the contract of the dark mahoghany and the light birch should give it a nice design touch. With a little luck, all of the assembly and sanding will be done before high tide at 3:oo PM tomorrow, when I'd like to sneak a little fishing in.
~
So you doubt that I'll pull it off???? So do I.

No comments: