Friday, August 22, 2008

Peep of the Week - 34

It was a day like any other day up in North Conway, NH. We went to the shoe store to get my pair of Sperry Boat shoes that I'll wear for the next five years or so, then we went to the new Eastern Mountain Sports on Route 16.
~
We have been patrons at Eastern Mountain ever since we bought our first pair of XC skis from their Amherst, MA store back in 1973. It was pretty embarrassing lately when I saw the same models hung on a Pub wall as antiques!
~
Oh Well... Tempus Fugit.
~
Anyway, in a complete impulse buy, I bought two mountain bikes for Joanne and I. Joanne was fairly horrified, but within an hour, we wwere pedaling around on our new IronHourse Maverick 1.0 26" mountain bike beauties.
~
The IronHorse is made in China where billions of people pedal as a way of life, so that sounded like a good deal to me.
~
Naturally I immediately overdid it by biking fifteen miles over to Intervale and back. It's not the same as 15 on the stationary Cybex, and my back was screaming.
~
We bought cool helmets too.
~
Announcing....
Nanepashemet Peeps of the Week for the 34th week of 2008

Abby Bruett
Lindsey Kepnes
Lauren Rathbone
Brian Butler
Jason, the guy from Eastern Mountain Sports
Linda O'Shea

Tomorrow will be more reasonable.

No comments: