for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, February 16, 2008

X-C Test

We made the escape to North Conway this weekend. The snow is deeper than I ever remember it, so I strapped on the XC skis and hauled my bulk over the frozen trails. After four miles of vigorous slipping and sliding, I had only fallen four times, giving me a wipe out per mile ratio of 1.0 WO/M.
~
That is a metric that I am trying to improve upon.
~
I was surprised how tired I was, and drenched with sweat in the single digit temps, after a relatively short distance. I guess that's bad.
~
The good part is that my left knee (the one that Wojcik screwed up by giving me faulty advice) held up really well, paving the way for a serious attempt at the Marine Marathon, where my arch rival, Joe Collins will again know how it feels to be defeated atheletically by non other than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus