Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gaining Momentum

Tom McMahon, POTY 2006, has risen to the challenge.
~
I knew he would.
~
McMahon said...

I might just have to step in on this J. and beat each on of you by at least an HOUR. I'm aiming for Lance Armstrong in this year's Boston and have kept good pace on it so far. My time is looking to improve from last year's 3:08:12 (with a blown out knee in the last 3 or 4 miles) to an estimated 2:45:00. I'm up to 17 miles already in my training and I'm thinking of breaking the 20 mile marker this Sunday.

You challenged the Peeps and now I'm here to represent. 2 marathons in one year, no biggie.

See you in D.C.

Now that is another reason why Tom is Peep of the Year material.

This brings the list to....
  • ME
  • Archrival Joe Collins
  • Insidious Advisor Bob Wojcik
  • Peep of the Year 2006 Tommy McMahon
Annoying, yet inspirational. This is getting better and better. With any luck, Tom will tackle the first drunken idiot he sees with a Red Sox shirt on.

No comments: