Friday, September 21, 2007

Time to Reset the Clock

I'm toying with the idea of getting into shape.... just getting sick and tired of being a fat POS.
~
When I was in college, a skillion years ago, I was in unbelieveable shape, both endurance wise and upper body strength. But then you tend to put business, career and social obligatons in front of fitness and you slide.
~
A big mistake.
~
It's really a function of priority adjustment and the realization that getting fit again will be beneficial for business. It's time to make the time.
~
I figure to get more Tender rowing in, keep cycling on the Cybex, and start running again - maybe set the Boston Marathon in April as a goal. Start slow and make it a habit. The problem is that every time I've been motivated to get in shape in the past, I've hurt myself by overdoing it.... pulled a calf muscle or threw out my back.
~
You have to get in shape in order to get in shape.
~
My plan is to intensify the low impact rowing and cycling for a week or so before hitting the road. If this really works out, I expect to see a lot of Peeps at the end of the Marathon route in Copley Square next April.

No comments: