Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stem Work

Laid out the Stem mold patterns which will be identical for the bow and stern.
~
I use 1/4 luan for the patterns and always seem to find a piece of a sheet in the garage that meets the required dimensions.
~
The curved stems will be formed from strips of oak that are 5' long, 1 1/2" wide and 1/4" thick. I bandsawed the strips from a 3/4" oak board, and will epoxy glue them, and then clamp in the patterns that I cut from a piece of 2x10 construction lumber.
~
Add another 3 hours on this project for a current total of 10 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the skiff shoo fly and me we slung together, fleeing the nefarious Happy Lipschitz. See I had me a dream, like Joseph did before he he saddled up Mary and Jesus and fled out of Galilee. Premonitioning is something we is known for. Quite a tale, let me stretch my legs first, shake the dew from my lily, and I can set for a spell and tells ya all about it.