Monday, June 18, 2007

A Biological Fact

I didn't get to row in the Marblehead Harbor as planned today, because Tyler Gill invited me to join his foursome at the North Shore Chamber of Commerce Tournament at the Ipswich Country Club.
~
I haven't been to that development since it was new in the eighties and early nineties. It's still really nice and the course was in great shape.
~
My golf game wasn't.
~
Tyler hits a nice ball, and his EnerNOC colleagues were competitive. I had to be a drag to the foursome.
~
Every time I play, I think it will be different, but by the 12th hole, I'm always done - with 6 or 7 holes left. Plus the game takes so much time. If the tournaments were 9 holes, I bet that I would even look forward to them.
~
My father was a good golfer, and my boys, Ryan and Mike are very capable. But the golfing gene skipped a generation, because I truly suck. I feel that I am biologically incapable to score in the nineties.

No comments: